Specifications And Installation Requirements
FC Specifications And Installation Requirements – RheoStream®
Topic / feature
3. Ingress Protection /Protection Class
IP66 certified according to EN 60529:1991/A2:2013
5. Cabinet material
6. Materials in contact with liquids
Stainless steel 316; Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE); Borosilicate glass, aluminum; Sealing materials: FKM or FFKM
7. Maximum particle size in the sample
Low concentration of particles up to 500µm is tolerated
8. Operating Pressure
0 – 5.5 barg (gauge pressure of product being measured at point of connection)
9. Ambient temperature
10 – 40°C
10. Temperature of Sample
5 – 60°C (temperature of incoming sample)
11. Temperature of Measurement
15-60 ± 0.2°C
12. Viscosity range
100 – 20,000 mPa·s @ 10 [1/s] (shear rate)
13. Volume of sample per measurement
< 5 ml
14. Measurement/Data frequency
1-5 minutes (= new sample and measurement result every 1-5 minutes; customizable)
15. Data output
- Viscometry (flow curve), 3 points of shear stress or viscosity vs. shear rate). And/or
- Key parameters of models: Power law: Bingham, Hershel-Bulkley, Cassons and others (on demand)
- Measuring Temperature.
16. Accuracy and precision
– Accuracy (FLUIDAN laboratory test): ±5%
– Precision (repeatability): ±2%
17. Approvals and Standards
RheoStream® FC is CE compliant according to
– EU machinery directive (MD – 2006/42/EC)
– EMC directive (2014/30/EU)
– Low Voltage Directive (LVD – 2014/35/EU)
– RoHS directive (2011/65/EU)
In order to enable fully automatic viscosity control, RheoStream® should be installed directly downstream of a continuous mixer or directly on a mixing tank.
Distance from sample outtake (on tank or pipe) to inlet into RheoStream cabinet < 250mm.
The instrument must be mounted on vibration free rack.
The Mounting Rack is designed to be bolted into the floor (or ceiling).
20. Electrical connection
24V DC 10A
21. Liquid connections
Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), supplied with instrument.
Factory pipe with sample stream is fitted with an outlet consisting of a short weld plug with 1/8 G to fit a plug valve
Alternatively (optional) a hygienic Keofitt M4 valve with connector kit (requires supply of pressurized air).
Supplied from the factory CIP or water system. CUSTOMER provides CIP/water (1-6 bar pressure), terminating with ball valve with 6 mm push-in pneumatic hose near instrument location.
The spent sample and spent cleaning liquid is Discarded into drain/sewer or into waste container on floor below instrument.
Cleaning is automatic.
Cleaning is initiated by the RheoStream program at times or frequencies to be specified (typically during holding time or batch change-over, when no measurement is needed).
Cleaning cycles takes 3-15 minutes, during which no measurements are made. Up to 500 ml of Cleaning Liquid is used for each cleaning cycle.
23. Remote Operating Terminal
Three options are available:
- WebGUI on PC/Tablet via Ethernet cable (standard)
- Analog (4-20mA) / Digital control via PLC
- MES/SCADA using digital OPC-UA protocol via Ethernet cable
Certification and Standards
CE certified according to
- EU machinery directive (MD – 2006/42/EC)
- EMC directive (2014/30/EU)
- Low Voltage Directive (LVD – 2014/35/EU)
- RoHS directive (2011/65/EU)
- ATEX Directive (2014/34/EU)
- IP66 certified according to EN 60529:1991 + A1:2000 + A2:2013
WORKING WITH FLUIDAN
Lease RheoStream® on a trial or long-term basis. As part of your lease or purchase package, Fluidan will conduct a feasibility and factory study. Discover firsthand how RheoStream® can optimize your production flow.